- Are you having a children's or adults' party in the evening?
- Just having a 'get-together' for family or friends?
- Looking for entertainment for your guests?
- Are you organising a scout group, a company 'do' or a camping trip?
- Looking for something fun and educational for them to do?
- Are you fed up with boring lectures, clowns and magicians?
- Want to observe the Moon and planets that are visible?
- Long to view the stars, galaxies and nebulae in the night sky?
- Do your cubs, brownies, boy or girl scouts want to get their stargazing or astronomy badges?
Then look no further!
I am The Visiting Astronomer. Have 'scope, will travel is my motto.
will come to your house, party, meeting or scout group, even your scout
campsite. I will bring a telescope, binoculars and a planetarium
(in case it's cloudy). I can give a short talk about the night
sky and what we are likely to see, then set up the equipment and let
the guests, party-goers or scouts view the heavens.
brownies, cubs and scout groups I can give enough information and
demonstrations for all present to achieve the criteria necessary for
them to gain their astronomy or stargazing badges. See the relevant
section on my Useful Links page.